George Pullicino will be contesting the next general election on the 9th (Hal- Gharghur, L-Imsida, Part of Is-Swatar, San Gwann, Il-Kappara, Tal-Ibrag, Is-Swieqi, Il-Madliena and Ta' Xbiex) and 10th (Il-Gzira, Pembroke, San Giljan, Paceville and Tas-Sliema) districts.
George is currently Minister for Resources and Rural Affairs and is responsible for waste management, agriculture, veterinary affairs, afforestation, resources, fisheries, and the works and services division. During this legislature, George spearheaded major projects and reforms including:
- the ongoing transformation of landfills into parks;
- the afforestation of various sites through the planting of over 115, 000 trees;
- the completion of over 100 restoration and embellishment projects;
- the introduction of various schemes that empower families and companies to make use of alternative energy resources;
- the introduction of various initiatives in favour of animal welfare, including a 24 hour ambulance for animals, the introduction of the first dog park and the opening of the St. Francis Animal Care Centre.
George also continued to strongly support the agriculture and fisheries sector during challenging times, through various initiatives supported by national and EU funds. Once again George is offering his time and energy to serve and assist the Maltese people with dedication, determination and commitment.
This campaign will be a great challenge and your help will be needed. Join Team GP now to give a helping hand!